Committed to our Community
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge physician practices serving Burke, McDowell and Caldwell counties: More than 20
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge employees who live in Burke, McDowell and Caldwell counties: More than 1,800
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge providers located in Burke, McDowell
and Caldwell counties: More than 250
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge features two hospitals, an urgent care,
a wellness facility, a retirement community, and two long-term care/short-term rehabilitation centers.
- Levine Cancer Institute-Blue Ridge offers board-certified medical oncologists, an expert radiation oncologist, skilled oncology surgeons, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, as well as support groups. It is also accredited by the American College of Surgeons and is a member of Levine Cancer Institute.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge’s facilities are teaching hospitals, affiliated with the Virginia College of Osteopathic Medicine. The Graduate Medical Education program trains medical students, residents and fellows in the practice of medicine.
- Annually, Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge provides a free sports-specific health screening and educational program for high school and middle school student-athletes. As part of the screening, each student athlete receives an electrocardiogram (ECG), which traces the heart’s electrical activity. In addition, educational information is provided related to injury prevention, athletic conditioning, and appropriate training techniques to prevent injury.
- Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge has established a Patient/Family Advisory Council to discuss ideas to provide patients with personalized, seamless care.