Welcome to the Gastroenterology Fellowship Program at Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge located in Morganton, North Carolina. We are excited that you have chosen to review our program and that you have decided to further your career in Gastroenterology. This site was developed to answer most, if not all, of your questions about fellowship training and life in Morganton at CHS Blue Ridge.
Admission and Eligibility
Our Gastroenterology Medicine Fellowship is open to Internal Medicine Osteopathic graduates from ACGME or AOA residencies completed within the United States. Applications will be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge is a comprehensive, multispecialty center in rural western North Carolina. The hospital draws from a diverse population in the region and fellows are well trained to identify and manage a variety of gastroenterology issues.
CHS Blue Ridge is also affiliated with Atrium Health's main campus in Charlotte, NC. This campus has a long history of graduate medical education and over 300 residents and fellows in training. Our Fellows spend rotations in Hepatology and Advanced Endoscopy at this campus during their tenure at CHS Blue Ridge.
The gastroenterology fellows’ clinic is located on the Carolinas HealthCare System Blue Ridge Morganton campus. Each fellow has a weekly clinic session where they will participate in establishing care and managing chronic gastrointestinal diseases with a subset of patients assigned to them. Additionally, we participate in clinic with attendings in ambulatory settings in Marion, Valdese, and Morganton.
Fellowship Program Highlights include:
- Warm, supportive environment with approachable staff
- Comprehensive didactics to expand and supplement gastrointestinal knowledge
- Opportunities for community and quality-improvement research
- Diverse patient population and pathology
- Good balance between service and education
- Teaching and working closely with internal medicine residents
- Shared call among fellows
- Transplant hepatology and advanced gastroenterology rotations available at Atrium Health’s main campus located in Charlotte, North Carolina; housing provided
- Ability to moonlight with board certification in Internal Medicine
List of our features resources